Margaret has been an associate with Serpe Andrews since March 2011.
Margaret counsels clients in a broad range of civil matters. While her focus is primarily based on medical malpractice litigation, she also has vast experience litigating premises liability lawsuits, insurance coverage issues, automobile collision lawsuits, and general commercial disputes. She has litigated cases in Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico on behalf of clients.
When not working, Margaret enjoys spending time with her husband, Louie, and three boys.
- Louisiana 2008
- Texas 2009
- J.D., 2008, Loyola University College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, cum laude.
- Recipient, Highest Grade Awards in Law & Medicine, Business Organizations I, Family Law and Bioethics, and Sales and Leases
- J. Sanford Levy Best Appellate Brief Finalist
- Ralph H. Fishman Award.
- B.A. in Information Systems and Decision Sciences, 2005, Louisiana State University, cum laude.
- 2018 Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer in Health Care
- 2017 Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer in Health Care
- OakBend Medical Center v. Domingo Martinez, Jr., 515 S.W.3d 536 (Houston App. [14th Dist.] 2017). Successfully appealed a trial court’s ruling denying summary judgment based on governmental immunity. The Fourteenth Court of Appeals held OakBend Medical Center was immune from suit for all claims arising from the escape of a psychiatric patient. The Fourteenth Court of appeals reversed the trial court’s order and rendered judgment dismissing the lawsuit for lack of jurisdiction for the claims asserted.